If you haven’t yet, now’s the time to clear your calendar for the first four days in May. Those are the dates for this year's PHE Canada National Conference, the annual premier event for the physical and health education community, taking place this year in Montreal. It’s an opportunity to engage in workshops, network with colleagues and listen to keynote speakers—all in support of professional development and a collective effort to ensure Canadian children and youth live healthy, physically active lives.
Leading experts offer professional development workshops in the areas of:
- assessment and technology integration
- injury prevention
- mental health
- movement composition/dance
- outdoor education
- physical education/physical literacy
- school-wide physical activity/healthy school communities
- sexual education
- sport/activity/theme specific
2019 PHE Canada Research Forum
Held annually in conjunction with the National Physical and Health Education Conference the Research Forum is guided by the PHE Canada Research Council and provides a convening opportunity for academics, graduate students, and practitioners with a common interest in physical and health education.
On May 1 and 2, join colleagues and find out about current research, discuss today’s issues and establish and nurture professional networks.
Click here for more information about the research forum, here.
National Conference Student Leadership Experience
On day two of the conference (May 2), PHE Canada is proud to present the inaugural National Conference Student Leadership Experience. This unique, one-day learning opportunity provides participating students with:
- access to the National Conference pre-conference workshops, where key emerging topics of the sector are being presented and discussed. Check out the Pre-Conference Workshops here
- One-on-one mentorship with leaders in physical and health education
- "SLE 101: What’s Next?" A panel presentation by PHE Canada and other leaders in Physical & Health Education
- shared learnings from industry leaders to support your education and career development
- entry to the National Conference welcome reception social, to meet, network and exchange knowledge with identified mentors from across Canada and all walks of physical and health education
- certificate of Quality Professional Development for your portfolio
For more on the Student Leadership Experience, click here.
Come join us!
Come and experience the very best in physical and health education professional development from leading experts and champions in the field. Click here to visit the main conference page.
See you in Montreal this May!